Are you looking for the best institutes that offer courses in Life Coach certification in India or
the best Life Coaching Certification Programs in metro cities like Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi? Or
Are you in one of the non-metro cities and wondering if there are good Life Coach Certifications that you can attend in your city or you can join online.
In short, if you are interested in the best Coaching Certification, you will find this post useful.
But before we get into the list of top coaching courses and institutes, let me quickly begin with an introduction to Life Coaching.
Coaching is a Solution Focused process that facilitates a coachee’s movement from their current situation to the desired situation
Any life coach will help their clients not only to identify their goals but also help them create workable action plans and act as an accountability partner so that the clients can achieve their goals.
A good life coach will also help clients explore and work at a conscious level with the thoughts, beliefs and values that may be preventing the client from achieving their goals.
The best life coaches are also skilled to help clients work with thoughts, beliefs, values and positive intentions that are stopping the client from achieving their outcomes at the level of the unconscious.
A well-trained life coach can help in achieving the below and much more:-
- Highten self-awareness
- Work-life balance
- Gain clarity
- Foster better relationships
- Better lifestyle
- In the absence of a regulatory body, a lot is being taught in the name of Life Coaching certification courses that are as far from the spirit of Life Coaching as possible.
- Nowadays Life Coaching certifications are being offered to people after attending as little as 4 hours of training. Some institutes will play smart by announcing a 1 month Life Coaching certification program or Life Coaching training program with 2 hours of training 2 times a week. That is overall less than 20 hours of training. These Life Coaching certification courses are offered at highly subsidized prices which makes them very appealing but end up being a waste of time and money.
- Also, the way the standard Life Coaching Certification curriculum is designed, the main focus remains on goals, plan of action and accountability. Even the programs that talk about the importance of thoughts, feelings and beliefs only look at addressing them at a conscious level. This makes working with automatic thoughts and unconscious beliefs really difficult.
These are just some of the reasons that make it extremely important that you research the various options available as far as Life Coaching Certification programs or Life Coaching courses are concerned before really investing in one.
To make it easier for you, we will look at a list of institutes that offer ICF accredited life coaching courses.
But if you are interested in the best Life Coaching course that includes the most comprehensive set of tools and techniques then you can just skip to the next question and explore the Cognitive Hypnotic Coaching approach.
- ICHARS – Though ICHARS has chosen to not get accredited with ICF, if you are looking for the most comprehensive coaching course, then you do not need to look further. If you are wondering why, just check the answer to the next question.
- XMonks – xMonks is an exclusive India partner to Erickson Coaching International for organizing coach certification programs. Established in 1980, Erickson pioneers ICF-certified coach training in the United States, Canada, and globally. Erickson is represented in over 85 countries by more than 45,000 graduates! Gaurav Arora, Founder Director, xMonks, is also an international partner, faculty, and Coach mentor to Erickson Coaching International in India.
- Symbiosis coaching – ICF-approved, core CLC program prepares you for an exciting global career in coaching! Be a Leadership Coach, a Relationship Coach, a Career Coach, a Wellness Coach, a Parenting Coach. Or choose another specialty designation that works for you. Launch an exciting career with this core certification.
- Coacharya – Focus on Coach training, leadership training, corporate programs, coaching, and all the supporting activities that go with it. Coacharya has certified over 1000 professional coaches, worked with 30+ Fortune 100 companies, and helped tens of thousands of others find their purpose.
The trainers included in this list are based on the research we have done and our experience of interacting either with them or their team and also based on what their participants have to say about them on different social channels.
We do recommend that you connect with the institute/trainer over a call and check whether you resonate with them. If you are not sure how to find whether the trainer or the institute is right for you, we are also sharing a set of guidelines towards the end of this post that you can use to select the best Life Coaching Certification Course that is right for you.
When it comes to the best and the most comprehensive Coaching certification, then there is no course better than the Cognitive Hypnotic Coaching Diploma by ICHARS.
This is the first and probably the only Coaching diploma program that integrates the coaching methodology with techniques from NLP, Mindfulness, CBT, Metaphors and Hypnosis. Plus the proprietary SOFT SEA coaching framework really helps you bring all this together into a structured yet person-centric approach to coaching.
If you are a psychologist then you also have the option to further upskill yourself by attending the Cognitive Hypnotic Psychotherapy Diploma.
Besides the comprehensiveness of the course itself, we provide you with access to an ongoing support system to address your difficulties on your journey as a life coach.
How to find the top Life Coaching Certification program or the best Life Coaching trainer that is right for you?
Use the following step by step guide to finding the best Life Coaching Certification course that is right for you:
- The first step is to identify what you are trying to achieve by attending a Life Coaching training program. Is the primary objective to:
- Learn a set of techniques that you can apply to improve your understanding of self and others, bring an overall positive shift in life
- Get a piece of paper that is popularly known as “Certificate”
- Develop basic coaching competencies to help you help your clients create a positive shift in their life and explore whether this field is right for you.
- Develop advanced coaching competencies to really be able to help client’s transform their life.
This one step will help you filter out many training programs and make it a lot easier for you to select the best Life Coaching training program that fits your requirement. It will also help you identify the right questions to ask the Life Coaching course provider to find which is right for you.
- The next step is to look for the best Life Coaching certification programs and institutes and do a quick overview of the website, the curriculum they offer, and the course duration. For the Life Coaching practitioners program, the live (not recorded) course duration must be equal to at least 120 hours. Additional recorded resources over and above 120 hours would be useful.
- Check the reviews for the Life Coaching trainer and the Life coaching training institute. Pay attention to the words used by participants and what is the focus of the review. This will help you understand whether the course is more suited for personal growth or for developing practitioners’ skills. Also, look for live testimonials that participants have recorded at the end of the course as that seems to reflect the true experience more than prepared testimonials.
- Look for the quality of after workshop support provided by the Life Coaching Trainer or Life Coaching Course Provider.
This is even more important at times than the actual workshop because you will come across clients in your practice where you will need help and guidance. If you don’t have the required support and guidance then it wouldn’t matter whether you are trained by the best Life Coaching trainer ever.
- If the institute or the trainer offers a money-back guarantee, that is a major plus because that means even if the course is expensive, your investment is protected in case the course doesn’t turn out to be of the quality promised.
What are the clear indicators that the institute or the trainer you are researching on is not a top Life Coaching course provider?
- If the course is too short. Any course less than 80 live hours is not even worth considering.
- If the primary pitch of the Life Coaching trainer or the training institute revolves around certifications or affiliations. Life Coaching is a non-regulated field. Any certificate issued by any institute doesn’t have any legal value. When an institute or trainer focuses too much on these, it is a clear indicator that there isn’t much to talk about the course quality and hence the focus on playing with lack of awareness about the importance of certifications and affiliations.
- Life Coaching institutes or Life Coaching trainers who do not provide proper post-workshop support.
- Life Coaching courses that are completely recorded and do not include live demonstrations and practise sessions under supervision.
Still have questions, book a free discovery call with one of our team members.